Information for Scouts aspiring to the Rank of Eagle
- START HERE — Council resources: Read the entire Eagle Trail page from San Diego-Imperial Council.
- District resources: Check out the other resources from Rancho Mesa District.
- Rank Requirements: The official page for Advancement and Awards. Scroll down to the part about Eagle Rank Requirements.
- Details explained: Boy Scouts of America provides detailed steps of the process “intended to aid in reviewing and submitting the application and accompanying materials. It is hoped this will help Scouts, parents… etc.”
- Eagle Projects: If you are looking for an Eagle project, you may want to look at this list of Potential Eagle Scout Service Projects.
- Project Counselor List: Use the ZIP code to look for a counselor close to you in Eagle Project Counselor Listing by Zone.
- Project Workbook: You MUST use the official Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook for the proposal, plan and report.
- Once you have downloaded the template, make sure you open the PDF file using the Adobe Acrobat Reader program (and not the browser). Otherwise, none of the edits will be saved.
- Binder: Typically all of your material will go into a binder along with the Project Workbook.
- Do yourself a favor and create the binder from day one to keep your material organized and to minimize the risk of loosing things.
- Here is a Table of Content for an Eagle Binder. It lists the sections that many scouts end up having. It doesn’t mean that you need all of them, or need to arrange them in the same order. Only include those that makes sense for your particular project and in the order that is logical to you.
- A little about me
- Proposal (PDF)
- Plan (PDF)
- Report (PDF)
- Schematics/Blueprints and Materials List
- Pictures (showing how the project progressed, before/during/after, end-result, volunteers, etc. )
- Planning documents
- Finances (fundraising, expenses, receipts)
- Volunteer Hours and Information
- Communications (essential letters, emails, etc.)
- Advancement Information (Rank Information, Positions of Responsibility, Bluecard copies)
- Rank Application: You should start to fill out the Eagle Scout Rank Application when you become a Life Scout. It will help to know what you still have to do to become an Eagle Scout.
- Letters of Recommendation:
- Turning in your Workbook and Application:
- Bring your binder and Eagle application to the Council office. (Check their office hours.) They will give you a receipt with the date as proof of turning it. Then some weeks later you will receive information about your Eagle Board of Review and they will bring your binder there.
Council office: Boy Scouts of America San Diego-Imperial Council, 1207 Upas St, San Diego, CA 92103.